350g/12oz package farfalle (butterfly) or other short pasta
1/2 tablespoon salt
6-8 cups water
1 bunch slender green asparagus, washed
Lemon pistachio vinaigrette:
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup pistachio nut, unshelled
100g / 3oz Burren smoked salmon
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Cook the pasta in 1/2 tbs salted water, according to the package directions for time.
- Prepare the vinaigrette.
- When the pasta is done, run it under cold water and pat dry with paper towels, then toss it with the vinaigrette.
- Cut the stems from the asparagus and boil or steam the asparagus for a minute or two, depending on thickness.
- Cut the salmon into strips and put them in the bowl with the pasta.
- Run the cooked asparagus under cold water until cool and cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces and add to the pasta, tossing the salad again.
- Top with chopped parsley and refrigerate for several hours. To serve it, let it come to room temperature.