Ingredients: (serves 1 pizza, 4 servings)
Easy Pizza Dough:
1 cup of warm water
3.5 cups of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of honey
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of yeast
Alternatively, you can cheat and buy a pre-baked pizza crust
2 cups of ricotta cheese
4 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
zest of 1 lemon
salt and freshly ground pepper
0.5 lb Burren Smoked Salmon slices, cut into strips
2 large handfuls of rocket/rouquette, cut into strips
- Put warm water (circa 45°C / 110°F) into a bowl. Add salt and honey and mix with a spoon. Add yeast, mix and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Gradually add flour and olive oil and start mixing. When the mixture gets too heavy to mix, start kneading the dough with your hands. Knead the dough until you have a smooth ball. If the dough cracks it is too dry. Add water bit by bit until if forms a nice coherent ball. If your dough feels more like batter, it is too wet and you need to add flour bit by bit. If you need to add water or flour, do it by small amounts.
- Coat the dough with olive oil, place it in a large bowl and cover it with kitchen wrap/cling film. Let the dough rise for about an hour at room temperature, then push it down again so it deflates. Let it sit for about another hour. If you want to use it the next day, put it in a refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Put the dough on a lightly floured surface, put a bit of flour on top and make it into the shape of a pie by stretching it out from the center outwards. Use a rolling pin until the dough is about 1/4" thick. Punch some holes in the dough with a fork to let the air escape while the pizza is in the oven. Transfer the rolled-out dough on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread the mix on the dough,and place the pizza in the oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Top with rocket and smoked salmon strips.