4 large baking potatoes (roosters / maris pipers), skin cleaned
300g Burren Smoked Salmon, sliced into long thin strips
2 tsp chopped shallot
2 tsp chopped capers
4 tbsp crème fraîche
30g chives, chopped / snipped
50ml extra virgin olive oil
Black lumpfish roe (Caviar!!), optional garnish
3 tbsp olive oil for frying
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Pierce each potato twice with a fork or skewer. Bake the potatoes (skin left on) for 40 minutes in a hot oven (ideally the day before you intend to use them).
- Slice the smoked salmon into julienne (long thin strips) and mix with the chopped shallot and capers.
- Liquidize the olive oil and half the chives and strain.
- Fold the remaining chopped chives into the crème fraîche with a few grinds of black pepper.
- Scoop the potatoes from their skins. Coarsely grate and press into 4 rosti cake shapes (8cm wide).
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a non stick pan and fry the rosti turning half way through until golden brown on each side.
- Place on a warm plate and top with the smoked salmon, then the crème fraîche and finally the lumpfish roe / caviar.
- Drizzle the chive oil around the plate and serve immediately.