This easy recipe only takes 30 minutes to prepare from scratch.
Tip: if the avocado is not quite ripe yet, wrap it into newspaper with an apple for 1 to 2 days.
2 small onions
1 clove of garlic
500g short maccaroni pasta
2 ripe avocados
3-4 tblsp lemon juice
2 tblsp olive oil
2 tblsp vinegar (for ex. balsamico)
1 pinch sugar
200g Burren Hot Smoked Salmon
1. Place tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds, then cool them down under tap. Skin and quarter them, remove the pips then cut into small pieces. Chop onions and garlic clove.
2. Cook pasta. After draining the pasta, break the Burren Hot Smoked Salmon into small pieces and add to the pasta. Cover saucepan with a lid.
3. Skin the avocados and remove the core. Spread the lemon juice on the avocados, and puree them. Add salt and garlic to the mix.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry off the onions. Add tomatoes and vinegar and cook over low heat to reduce. Then add salt and sugar to your taste.
5. Arrange the pasta/salmon mix on plates. Garnish pasta with the cooked tomatoes and a blob of the avocado cream on top.