We are very proud to announce that our Smoked Irish Organic Salmon was chosen to be put in two fantastic hampers that are representing Irish food.
Bord Bía, in conjunction with the Department of An Taoiseach, prepared ‘A Taste of Ireland’ St. Patrick’s Day hampers to present to the First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden, wife of the current Vice President Joe Biden. The hamper contents (listed below) represent a geographical spread and cross-sectoral range of high quality, sustainable Irish food and drink produce being exported to the US each year.
In 2012, the value of Irish food and drink exports surpassed €9 billion for the first time. This builds upon, and consolidates, the food industry's exceptionally strong performance over the past three years, with exports currently valued at €2 billion, or 28%, ahead of 2009 levels.
The hampers contained the following foods:
• Smoked Salmon (Burren Smokehouse)
• Butter (Kerrygold)
• Cheese (Ardrahan Farmhouse Cheese; Gubbeen Farmhouse Cheese; Kerrygold Cashel Blue & Kerrygold Cheddar)
• Crackers (Sheridan’s Brown Bread crackers)
• Bread (Odlum’s Irish Bread Mix)
• Oatmeal (Flahavan’s & McCanns)
• Crisps (Keogh’s Shamrock & Sour Cream)
• Chocolates (Lily O’Brien’s & Butlers)
• Biscuits (Seymour Shortbread)
• Cake (Mileeven Luxury Fruit Cake)
• Sweets (Jelly Bean Factory)
• Tea (Barry’s & Bewley’s)
• Relish (Ballymaloe)
• Jam (Milleeven, G's Jam, Crossogue)
• Mustard (Lakeshore Mustard with Guinness)