10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed to fit length of pan
2 large and long leeks
1 tablespoon butter
2 (250g) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
100g Burren hot smoked Organic Honey-glazed Salmon with Lemon and Pepper, finely chopped
rind of ½ lemon, grated
juice of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon horseradish
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until bright green and just tender. Remove and plunge into cold water, drain well.
- Finely chop the white section of the leeks to give 1 cup. In a large pan, melt the butter, add white leeks and cook for 2 minutes or until soften, cool.
- Slice the green section lengthwise into long ribbon like leaves. Blanch in boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until softened, then plunge into cold water, drain well.
- Combine the Philadelphia with the Burren organic hot smoked honey-glazed salmon, lemon rind, lemon juice, horseradish, and seasonings in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Line an 11cm x 21cm loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Layer the leek ribbons across the pan ensuring they overlap by 1 cm.
- Spoon half the Philadelphia mixture evenly into the pan, top with the asparagus spears, then spoon in the remaining Philadelphia.
- Fold the leek ends over the filling to enclose, trim if necessary.
- Chill until firm. Invert onto a serving plate. Serve sliced.