1kg mixed vegetables such as onion, leek, carrot, diced potatoes
7g Irish Moss (carragheen)**
450g of white fish/smoked fish fillets such as cod or pollock, skinned and boned
225g shellfish such as mussels or prawns
110g Burren smoked salmon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dice all the vegetable.
- Melt the butter. Add the vegetables (except the potatoes) and sweat them for about 5 minutes, but don't colour them.
- Add water, dillisk and carragheen, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and the milk. Simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Cut all fish into cubes of approximately 1cm. Add all the fish and shellfish, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste.
* Dillisk is a purple reddish sea vegetable which is high in iron.
**Irish Moss/Carragheen is rich in calcium and other essential vitamins and minerals.