8oz / 225g pieces of Burren Smoked Salmon (cold sm.)
7 fl oz fish stock
Juice of half a lemon
Bechamel sauce made with 10 fl oz milk, 1/2oz butter and 1/2oz flour
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 level teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 4 tablespoons water
10 fl oz whipped cream
6 oz peeled prawns
8 whole prawns
4 oz / 125g Burren Smoked Salmon (cold sm.)
- Put the smoked salmon pieces, fish stock and lemon juice into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the Bechamel sauce, mayonnaise and dissolved gelatine.
- Lightly whip the cream and stir into the salmon mixture. Season with pepper.
- Put into an oiled 1.5 pint mould and leave to set in the fridge.
- To serve, turn out onto a serving dish and garnish with piles of prawns and rolls of smoked salmon.