If you are looking for a new challenge in a team-oriented work environment, you have come to the right place. When there are job vacancies, we will post them here!
Role: Quality Assurance Production Manager
Published: May 2021
Full-time & permanent position
• Develop, maintain and update the company’s Quality Management Systems, in line with legal SFPA & FDA, organic, Origin Green & customer standards/requirements.
• Take part in the production Team and scheduling.
• Ensure new personnel are trained as per requirements.
• Liaise with and continually develop professional relationships with management, production staff, suppliers and customers.
• Lead the company HACCP team to ensure all potential hazards to food safety are identified and control measures in place.
• Ensure COVID-19 training in place and updated
• Continue training in Health & Safety, Manual handling and First Aid.
• Review of the HACCP plan as required through any changes to legislation, process, raw materials or customer requirements.
• Promote and monitor improvements in the areas of Food Safety Quality Culture.
• Setting KPIs & objectives, agreed with Directors.
• Maintenance of the internal audit program.
• Facilitate all external audits- competent authority, customers
• Ensure product Quality complies with agreed specifications.
• Monitor and oversee pest control procedures.
• Ensure all raw material, process & finished product evaluation and shelf life verification is completed as required.
• Order and oversee standards of raw material and
• Risk assessment of & completion of product and environment testing schedules.
• Dealing with complaints and non-conformance issues. Ensuring timely close out & implementation of effective corrective action.
• Food safety and quality/ hygiene induction & refresher training for staff.
• Management and maintenance of Organic & Kosher certification.
Skills and Experience:
• Attention to detail.
• Good communication and people skills across all levels are essential.
• Excellent organisational skills in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritise
• IT skills in Microsoft Office suite and in the environment of ERP software
• Good standard of numeracy.
• Previous Quality Management Experience within the Food Industry
Minimum Experience Required (Years) : 3 Years of product quality controller Experience
- Minimum Qualification : Level 8 (incl Higher Diploma & Honours Bachelor Degree)
Ability Skills : Interpersonal Skills, Technical IT
Competency Skills : Management, Manufacturing, Teamwork, Working on own initiative
Specialising In : Quality Assurance
Please send your application with cover letter and CV to Birgitta Hedin-Curtin at email@example.com
Role: Internship for French and German students
Published: January 2020
The Burren Smokehouse is looking for students who want to do their internships in an English-speaking country. We are looking particularly for French and German speaking students to support us.
If you join the Burren Smokehouse you will work with one of Ireland's best known food businesses. You will help us to find new ways to improve our operations and performance. Your communication skills in French or German will help us engage with our customers.
Period: between April and December 2022
- prospecting customers in our shop and visitor centre
- capture their contact details for further communication
- communication with our customers
- prospecting new customers (retail/food service) - research and contacting them
- experience in a retail environment with retail tasks like selling, giving advice and information, stocking up of shelves etc.
- giving presentations to groups and FITs about the Burren Smokehouse
We are looking for the following skills:
- a strong interest in tourism and food
- ability to work on own initiative
- team player
- good English with French or German as your first language
- excellent communication skills
- outgoing and kind attitude towards our visitors
- a good eye for detail while being able to multi-task
- experienced in working with Google Mail, drive, Dropbox and interested in learning to use the Burren Smokehouse systems
Please send your application with cover letter and CV to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org