If you are looking for a new challenge in a team-oriented work environment, you have come to the right place. When there are job vacancies, we will post them here!
Role: Internship for French and German students
Published: January 2020
The Burren Smokehouse is looking for students who want to do their internships in an English-speaking country. We are looking particularly for French and German speaking students to support us.
If you join the Burren Smokehouse you will work with one of Ireland's best known food businesses. You will help us to find new ways to improve our operations and performance. Your communication skills in French or German will help us engage with our customers.
Period: between April and December
- prospecting customers in our shop and visitor centre
- capture their contact details for further communication
- communication with our customers
- prospecting new customers (retail/food service) - research and contacting them
- experience in a retail environment with retail tasks like selling, giving advice and information, stocking up of shelves etc.
- giving presentations to groups and FITs about the Burren Smokehouse
We are looking for the following skills:
- a strong interest in tourism and food
- ability to work on own initiative
- team player
- good English with French or German as your first language
- excellent communication skills
- outgoing and kind attitude towards our visitors
- a good eye for detail while being able to multi-task
- experienced in working with Google Mail, drive, Dropbox and interested in learning to use the Burren Smokehouse systems
Please send your application with cover letter and CV to Sarah at [email protected]